Facebook has about 1.39 billion active users, half of whom log in to the social media site every day. There are five newly-created profiles every second, and approximately 30 million fan pages belong to businesses. On top of all this, there are around 1 billion Facebook searches made every day.
Given these statistics, it is important to use Facebook marketing strategies to catch up with and harness the growing number of active Facebook users and fan pages.
It’s not easy for marketers to build loyal followings on Facebook fan pages, so knowing the “dos” and “don’ts” is essential for them to see what’s working and what’s not when it comes to Facebook marketing.
This article compiles some of the important things to learn and the classic mistakes to avoid as a Facebook marketer.
- Draw fans in by being authentic. Use Facebook to post original, compelling content that should not be missed. The goal is to let people know what makes a particular company stand out among the rest.
- Value customer service at all times. Satisfied, happy customers will keep coming back for more and are more likely to recommend the business to their connections. To sustain old customers, a Facebook marketer must be able to listen and quickly respond to customer queries and concerns.
- Set up Facebook fan pages, not profile accounts. Using profile accounts for business is a clear violation of Facebook policies. Also, Facebook pages get certain features and tools on analytics, ads, and apps which are not applicable for personal profile accounts. While Facebook pages can accommodate unlimited fans, personal profile accounts can only accommodate 5,000 friends/connections.
- Develop solid posting strategies. Content and consistency are the two most important keys to a successful posting strategy. Identify the marketing goals first then come up with posting strategies that can achieve ideal results.
- Understand customers’ needs by getting their feedback. What they have to say is important for the improvement of products and services. There are a lot of ways for customers to give feedback. Some of this include:
1.) Completing surveys
2.) Responding to posts
3.) Giving recommendations
Remember that investing time in reading customer feedback is good for any business.
- Never spam Facebook pages. Spamming people is the worst thing to do in marketing because it almost immediately leads to the loss of followers and prospective customers.
- It is important to mix up content by sharing videos, quotes, and articles, as well as asking questions or starting discussions on particular issues. Content that contains pushy marketing messages is considered as spam.
- Do not measure success by the number of likes. The real basis for successful Facebook marketing includes the following: engagement, conversions, and reach. Getting a lot of likes doesn’t equate to having solid connections. These are built through customer interaction.
- Do not be confined to using marketing strategies on Facebook alone. Relying solely on Facebook is effective, but integrating it with other marketing strategies across other social media platforms is more efficient. Doing cross-promotional strategies on various social media networks could expand a page’s reach.
Moving forward, it is essential to apply these “dos” and “don’ts” of Facebook marketing because Facebook is such a huge opportunity that not to use it would be a big loss.